Kane Innovations is currently seeking a Railing Estimator for our Erie, PA Office.
Estimate America’s Skyline. We are a 131-year-old architectural railing manufacturer based in Erie, PA that installs balcony and amenity railings throughout the nation. We are looking to hire a new Estimator that resides in Erie or is willing to work remotely and has experience installing and estimating railings. If you have a great team attitude and estimating and installing experience you will be a great candidate for this fast paced job. You will have direct training and you’ll work on some of the biggest multi-residential projects in the country.
Your primary responsibility will be to estimate aluminum and glass railing projects on a project-by-project basis. This is a full time position with an office, outstanding training and support and the opportunity to grow with Erie’s fastest growing architectural manufacturer. Travel to projects you work on is a definite possibility as we grow. All candidates should possess a positive, team player attitude.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Primary job responsibility will be to review the design intent of projects provided to us on a national basis and be able to estimate our costs, margins and reasonable sales and bid documents for our General Contractor and Sub Contractor customers throughout the United States.
- We rely on your practical knowledge so understanding railing systems including past installation or fabrication experience is essential.
- Ability to communicate in a team environment including working with our Erie based Engineering Team, other Estimators, Regional Project Managers and their sub-contractor installation crews is a must to ensure the work is done right, on time and profitably for all concerned. We seek team oriented players.
- We ideally look for 5 years’ experience installing or estimating railing systems similar to ours and insist on proven references from past jobs.
- Ability to read architectural plans, contracts and bids and understand how profitable jobs is a requirement.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5 years of Past Experience of both Estimating and Installing Comparable Railing Systems
- Proficiency with Reading Architectural and Structural Drawings, Bid Documents
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Salesforce
- Ability to travel and tour construction sites
Remote Office Environment for the Right Applicant Although Erie, PA Office Strongly Preferred
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Construction estimating: 1 year (Preferred)
Competitive salary and benefits.
Kane Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer.