Kane Innovations is an industry leader in the manufacturing of custom railing, ornamental metals, security screens and detention products. Kane has been in business for over 130 years with three fabrication plants in operation (one in Erie, Pennsylvania and two in Kane, Pennsylvania). We are currently seeking a Safety Coordinator for our Erie Office.
- Develop and/or coordinate safety programs and training activities that promote overall safety, health and reduce work-related injuries.
- Assist the Safety Director in controlling hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities through interface with all staff.
- Implement and improve established safety procedures and practices.
- Monitor workplace health and safety to spot hazards and control them before negative incidents occur.
- Coordinate and run meetings and activities of the safety committee.
- Coordinate new hire safety orientation training.
- Conduct monthly safety training at all locations.
- Perform and document safety inspections/audits.
- Monitor that the safety and health self-inspections are performed regularly.
- Audit and update Safety Data Sheet database.
- Conduct job hazard surveys and analyses.
- Conduct annual review of all OSHA mandated programs.
- Conduct incident investigations.
- Accompany outside auditors including OSHA officers on walk-through tours as required.
- Review safety recommendations and or citations with management and assist with corrective and preventative measures.
- Obtain necessary permits related to all environmental issues.
- Create work instructions/procedures for EHS programs.
- Knowledge of all federal, state, local, and company safety guidelines, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to recognize hazardous situations and implement corrective measures.
- Strong organizational skills.Ability to prioritize and complete projects on schedule.
- Knowledge and skills in the use of various Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and contribute to a team-oriented work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety Management, Safety, Health, and Environmental Applied Sciences, or Safety Sciences or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of related experience in manufacturing.
- OSHA 30-Hour General Industry Certification.
- Weekly day travel to our facilities in Kane, PA as needed.
Competitive salary and benefits.
Kane Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer.