Fabricator (1st Shift 6:00 AM – 4:30 PM) | Erie, PA
Kane Innovations has immediate openings for qualified Fabricators. Our company specializes in aluminum and stainless-steel architectural products. The ideal candidate will have the following:
Position summary: Fabricate, lay out, position, align, and fit parts.
- Position, align, fit, and weld parts to form complete units or subunits, following blueprints and layout specifications, and using jigs, welding torches, and hand tools.
- Move parts into position, manually or with hoists or cranes.
- Lay out and examine stock or workpieces to be processed to ensure that specifications are met.
- Verify conformance of workpieces to specifications, using squares, rulers, and measuring tapes.
- Tack-weld fitted parts together.
- Remove high spots and cut bevels, using hand files, portable grinders, and cutting torches.
- For this position, it is required to be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- There can be repetitive use of hands required with simple grasping and pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds.
- In addition, this position requires the following abilities: standing, walking, lifting, reaching above shoulders, bending, and twisting.
- Ability to accurately read a tape measure – required.
- Good eye/hand coordination and finger dexterity
- Ability to read and follow instructions.
- Previous fabricating experience in manufacturing environment.
- Must have the ability to read and follow directions accurately.
- Strong work ethic
- Communication and teamwork skill
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned.
Kane Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer.