Kane Innovations is seeking a qualified Machine Operator to set up, operate, or tend machines to saw, cut, shear, slit, punch, crimp, notch, bend, or straighten metal or plastic material.
- Examine completed workpieces for defects such as chipped edges and marred surfaces, and sort defective pieces according to types of flaws.
- Clean and lubricate machines.
- Measure completed workpieces to verify conformance to specifications, using micrometers, gauges, calipers, templates, or rulers.
- Set up, operate, or tend machines to saw, cut, shear, slit, punch, crimp, notch, bend, or straighten metal or plastic material.
- Start machines, monitor their operations, and record operational data.
- Test and adjust machine speeds and actions, according to product specifications, and using gauges and hand tools.
- Quality Control Analysis – Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Troubleshooting – Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it. • Operation Monitoring – Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly. • Operation and Control – Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Arm-Hand Steadiness – The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- Control Precision – The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
- Near Vision – The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Multi-limb Coordination – The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
- Written Comprehension – The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- For this position, it is required to be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- There can be repetitive use of hands required with simple grasping and pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds.
- In addition, this position requires the following abilities: standing, walking, lifting, reaching above shoulders, bending, and twisting.
Kane Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer.